Dark Star Orchestra (DSO), the world renown Grateful Dead cover band, performed at the Lowell Memorial Auditorium on Saturday, November 16th, 2019.
What’s Up New England’s Gary Alpert was on hand for the show and reports that the band covered from start to finished the Grateful Dead set from August 18, 1991 Shoreline Amphitheater performance. That set list, and last night’s set list, was as follows;
- Hell in a Bucket
- Jack-A-Roe([traditional] cover)
- See See Rider(‘Ma’ Rainey & Her Georgia Jazz Band cover) (>)
- It Takes a Lot to Laugh, It Takes a Train to Cry(Bob Dylan cover)
- Beat It On Down the Line(Jesse Fuller cover)
- West L.A. Fadeaway
- When I Paint My Masterpiece(Bob Dylan cover)
- Stagger Lee
- Johnny B. Goode(Chuck Berry cover)
- Deal(Jerry Garcia song)
- Samson and Delilah([traditional] cover)
- Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo
- Feel Like a Stranger
- China Doll
- Going Down the Road Feelin’ Bad(Henry Whitter cover)
- Throwing Stones
- Not Fade Away(The Crickets cover)
DSO then added two encores both covers; Honky Tonk Woman by the Rolling Stones and White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane.
All photos by Gary Alpert/Deafboy Photography for What’s Up New England
Lowell was the third New England stop for DSO last week, having played North Hampton, MA on Thursday and Portland, ME on Friday. If you missed DSO over the last few nights, you still have a few chances to catch them in New England this month.
Upcoming Fall Tour 2019 New England Stops
Monday, November 18th – Higher Ground | South Burlington, VT
Friday, November 22nd – College Street Music Hall | New Haven, CT
Saturday, November 23rd – The Strand | Providence, RI
Tuesday, November 26th – Capitol Center For The Arts – Chubb Theatre | Concord, NH
For tickets and the full tour schedule, visit www.darkstarorchestra.net.